LA MODE - With Sylvia Stone

















THE DOWNFALL OF CHANEL

Coco Chanel would be turning in her grave if she could see the hideous manner in which her once glorious fashion house is being portrayed. I recall something she said whilst conjuring up my favourite scent Chance.

"A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future."

I understand how Lily Allen squirmed her way into the music business (she isn't the first to hop into bed with A&R men - see what it did for Dido). But I wonder how on earth she became a muse for Karl Lagerfeld.

Couldn't he smell her a mile off? Having said that he must be forgiven. We simply cannot expect great sensory abilities from the nostrils of such a frightful cadaver.

Elegance does not consist in just putting on a new dress.

I think Karl and I are going to have to go for drinky-poos and discuss what kind of strong minded woman should be the one to inspire him next.


No comments: